New Laravel Followers Repository
The history behind this new package for Laravel is twofold:
- I've been looking for a reason to contribute to the open source community
- I was trying to find a package that would do what I needed, but couldn't find it
So I created Laravel Followers. This package allows for moderated, non-reciprocal following between Eloquent models.
Great! What's that mean?
- With two traits, CanFollow and CanBeFollowed, that can be applied to your models, you can allow a 'following' relationship between models.
- A third trait, Followable, encapsulates the first two traits for ease of use.
- When a User, for example, seeks to follow another User, a pending Follower relationship is created.
- The followed User can then Approve or Deny the follow. This is the 'moderated' part.
- If the followed User approves the relationship, they do not automatically follow the first User. This is the 'non-reciprocal' part.
- Users can also block another User from being able to follow them.
- It's not just Users that can follow and be followed. These traits can be added to any Eloquent model!
The Laravel Followers repository can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/skybluesofa/laravel-followers.
Let me know what projects you use it in. Or, if you have any issues or suggestions, let me know over on GitHub.