Nielson's State of Social for 2011Q3
I ran across an interesting page at http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/social/ today.
It breaks down who, where and when social network users are acting. Some interesting bits are:
- People over the age of 55 are driving mobile social networking.
- Mobile social network usage has grown 30% in the last year alone.
- 4 in 5 people who are online spend a significant amount of time using social networking.
- Americans love Facebook; they are the largest percentage of Facebook users
- 23% of the time internet users spend online is spent on social networking. That's more than the time they spend using search engines, emailing, watching videos and movies and getting news on current events combined.
- Social media users are almost 50% more likely to go on a date than their non-networked friends.
Take a look. Interesting stuff.