Initial Setup of Maps for Page List+
July 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM
In order to use (or even install, for that matter) Maps for Page List+, you'll first need to install 2 other concrete5 addons:
- Page List+
This is the base code that Maps for Page List+ uses to gather the list of pages you'd like to show
- Address Geocode Attribute
This uses an address attribute on the page to generate coordinates that the Maps addon uses
Once you have installed all three addons, you'll need to configure the Address Geocode Attribute. After the Address Geocode Attribute is configured, you can proceed with using maps.
Setting up Maps for Page List+
Basic Page List+ Setup
- Create a Page List+ block on the page/area where you'd like the map to show up
- Configure Page List+ with the settings you want using page types, location on the site, page attributes, etc.
- Configure the Mapping settings for this Page List+ block. If you want to use the sitewide settings, you won't need to change anything on this tab. Find out how to change the settings here.
- Save the new Page List+ block. You should get a list of pages in text form. Be aware that the list of pages shown here may include more than what will be shown on the map. The map will only show pages that have a coordinates attribute on them.
Adding the Map Template
- Click on the Page List+ block you just created
- Click on the 'custom template' option from the menu
- Choose 'Map' and click save
- The block should reload as a grey box with a notice that 'Viewing the map is disabled in edit mode'
Making your Changes Live
- Click the 'Edit' button in the upper left corner of the page
- Click the 'Publish Changes' button.
- You should now see a map with pins on it.