Settings for Maps for Page List+
July 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM
There are two ways to update the settings for Maps for Page List+:
- Sitewide, in the Dashboard
- For one block
Updating the Sitewide Settings for Maps for Page List+
- Navigate to the dashboard on your site.
- Find the 'Page List+' section and click 'Maps'
- Scrollwheel Zooming. Enable zooming of the map with your scrollwheel (or two-finger scroll on Mac). You may want to turn this off for mobile devices.
- Control Type. Change the size of the zoom controls.
- Control Placement. Change where the zoom controls are placed on the map.
- Default Zoom Level.
Dragging and Panning Settings
- Enable Dragging. Enable dragging of the map. You may want to turn this off for mobile devices.
- Enable Panning. Enable panning (moving the map around using a control instead of a drag and drop method). You may want to turn this on for mobile devices.
- Control Placement. Change where the pan controls are placed on the map.
- Control Type. Choose what type of map is available for use.
- Control Placement. Change where the map type control is placed on the map.
- Type. What type of marker is used to display locations on the map.
- Google Default. This is the standard rounded-top pin that google uses for markers
- Custom Icon File. Choose an image that you've loaded into the file manager.
- Custom Icon URL. Use an image at a specific web address.
- Page Attribute. Use an image loaded into a custom file attribute for the page that is being displayed.
- Label. Choose whether or not to show the page title along with the marker. You can choose where it will be displayed in relation to the marker as well.
- Click Functionality. What will happen when a visitor clicks on a marker?
- Default: Open an 'Info Window'. This is the 'bubble' that opens above the marker.
- Open a web address.
- You can open a link to the page, or
- You can use a text page attribute to define the web address that should be opened.
- Maps API Loaded multiple times. If you're experiencing issues with the Google Maps API being loaded multiple times, you can set this to 'Do not load'
Categories: Maps for Page List+ / Page List+